An easy-to-make sugar cookies recipe designed to give you a healthy alternative to satisfy your sweet-tooth craving. Try them, you will learn to appreciate the unbelievable nutritional value of these sugar-free cookies! Most of all, they taste so good!
Serving size: 1 cookie* | Calories: 63.9 | Total Fat 3.3 g: Saturated Fat 1.8 g; Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g; Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g | Cholesterol 27.6 mg | Potassium 28.0 mg | Carbs 9.9 g: Dietary Fiber 1.5g; Sugars 0.1 g | Sodium 38.0 mg | Protein 1.9 g
Vitamin A 2.6% | Vitamin B-12 1.0% | Vitamin B-6 1.5% | Vitamin C 0.1% | Vitamin D 1.1% | Vitamin E 0.4% | Calcium 1.2% | Copper 0.8% | Folate 1.0% | Iron 1.5% | Magnesium 2.5% | Manganese 9.3% | Niacin 1.1% | Pantothenic Acid 0.4% | Phosphorus 3.1% | Riboflavin 1.7% | Selenium 1.8% | Thiamin 0.6% | Zinc 1.2% || (Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.)
* Based on 36 cookies total yield.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (Xylosweet) Xylitol
- 1/3 cup Stevia
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
♦ Chez Gordy Note: For those outside the US, this site, ‘foodgeeks.com’, offers conversions
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Xylitol, and Stevia until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Combine the wheat flour, wheat bran, baking powder, and salt gradually blend into the creamed mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover or wrap the dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into desired shapes using a glass or cookie cutter.
- Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned
- Cool on a plate or wire rack.
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: less than 15 minutes
Total time: up to 35 minutes
Servings: upto 3 dozen (depends on shape and size of each cookie)
♣ Chez Gordy ‘Sugar Cookies’ Tips:
- Be creative, for instance, try adding your favorite nuts to each cookie.
- Similarly, enhance the flavor by replacing lemon juice with any preferred fresh fruit juice.
- You can also use the drop cookie method instead of rolling the dough. Use a tablespoon to spoon the dough onto the baking pan/stone. Next, pat the palm of your hand in flour and flatten each ball of dough.
- Most importantly, have fun!
Nutrition info courtesy of SparkRecipes
See what is available on the Sound Truth Ministry website.